Recently, US News and World Report ranked Spartanburg the “Best Place to Live in South Carolina”. The ranking evaluated several factors when making this decision. Why did they come to that conclusion?
Here are the reasons they believe Spartanburg is a great place to live:
- Spartanburg offers great things to do like the Hub City Railroad Museum, Spartanburg Regional History Museum and Spartanburg Art Museum and The Children’s Museum of the Upstate.
- Spartanburg is very affordable in comparison to other metro cities. THe average home in Spartanburg is $156,300
- Great weather. This may be debatable on a super hot, humid summer day but the winters are fairly mild.
- Easy to navigate in a car and public transportation
- Spartanburg boasts the highest per capita college student population in the state. It is home to University of South Carolina–Upstate, Converse College, Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine–Carolinas, Spartanburg Community College, Spartanburg Methodist College, Wofford College and Sherman College of Chiropractic
I am sure you will get an argument from Greenville, Myrtle Beach and Charleston residents but on the whole, this report makes a great case for calling Spartanburg the best place to live in South Carolina.